Clean Start Weight Loss®: Benefits That Go Beyond Fat Loss
Intermittent fasting (IF) and the ketogenic diet are the gold standard for fat loss and improved health, and this combination is the key to this program. Some of the main benefits include:
- They allow fat loss without the “starvation” feeling and repeated drops in metabolism that lead to repeated plateaus and the yo-yo effect.
- The combination of the two has been proven more effective at fat loss than the standard low-fat, calorie-restricted diet with exercise.
- Unlike glucose (the body’s preferred fuel), ketones are clean-burning and don’t result in the creation of reactive oxygen species (ROSs) that lead to oxidative stress and damage to DNA, proteins, and more.
- The body gets true nutrition through real food sources.
- They have been proven safe for everyone; multiple studies have shown keto and IF to be safe for many different populations, including children, the elderly, and diabetics, and even those with heart disease, who are usually counseled to avoid fat consumption.
There are additional benefits for those with metabolic syndrome, a group of symptoms that increases your risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D), heart disease, and stroke. Keto and IF can:
- Reverse insulin resistance and T2D
- Improve important markers of heart health, such as blood pressure, triglyceride level, and the LDL/HDL cholesterol ratio, and
- Reduce insulin dependence for type 1 diabetics, improving their health and reducing their costs.
Intermittent Fasting and its Benefits
There are many ways to practice intermittent fasting. At its simplest, IF is just what it sounds like—alternating intervals of fasting and eating. The intervals could be short or long, daily or biweekly, or any other configuration that suits you. Fasting variations include daily extension of the overnight fast; alternate-day fasting; 24-, 48-, or even 96-hour fasts; and more.
- Provide metabolism stability,
- Promote blood-sugar control,
- Promote insulin sensitivity, and
- Boost hormones that sustain muscle mass and increase fat-burning.
- Elevate blood ketone levels
The Clean Start Weight Loss® program incorporates IF through daily “eating windows.” All your eating will take place within 6–8 hours of the day. This is most easily accomplished by taking advantage of the fast that occurs naturally while you sleep.
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
A Keto or ketogenic diet is a very-low-carb diet that restricts carbohydrate consumption enough to allow the body to enter ketosis, which is a metabolic state that converts fat into ketone acids, or ketones. These are used by the muscles, brain, and other tissues for energy. Instead of using glucose for energy, your body will use fat and ketones.
When eating ketogenically, you will eat protein, fat, and low-carb vegetables and fruit. Grains are off the table, as are most sweeteners (though there are some exceptions). Some fruit (berries), starchy vegetables (usually root vegetables), legumes, and nuts are limited, as are full-fat cheese and cultured dairy products (though for different reasons). Leafy, high-fiber vegetables are eaten in abundance with moderate servings of protein.
Looking for a proven way to lose weight?
Join the thousands of people who are already enjoying their new, healthy bodies!
No information or opinion contained herein is intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition. No intent to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease is implied or intended. You should always speak with a health care professional before taking or using any dietary, nutritional, weight loss, herbal supplement or any other product. We strongly urge you to visit your doctor and discuss your health needs before beginning any diet or exercise program. Proceed at your own risk. We make no claims about specific products and any information contained herein is personal opinion only and should not be construed as medical advice in any way. The information contained on this document is provided for information and entertainment purposes only.