The first day that you inject your hCG will also be your first of two load (or “gorge” days). If you do not spend the next two days filling up your fat stores with high fat food, you will find the first 5-7 days of the 500-calorie/day diet to be very uncomfortable.
The original Dr Simeons hCG diet protocol states that you “must eat to capacity the most fattening foods you can get down, until you have had the third injection.” It seems to take about three daily injections before hCG fully releases the abnormally deposited fat to be used as energy by the body. The whole premise seems to be that, in order for you to handle the first week of the 500-calorie/day diet without severe hunger pains, you must beef up your fat supplies by gorging on high-fat foods until the hCG takes effect in your body. Once the hCG is in your body, you will not have hunger. Oddly enough, if you eat over 500 calories/day, or foods not on the diet (i.e. a bite of a donut), you will often have severe hunger.
It seems counter-intuitive, but it is important that your fat stores are full when you begin the 500 calorie/day diet, since your body uses these first for energy. If you do not eat the bad stuff now, you may become very hungry during the first week of the program. Yes, your weight will go up, but it will also drop back down very quickly.
Before you begin, you should plan to really enjoy this part of the program. This is the time to invite your friends over, enjoy I high fat meal with an abundance of wine!
Sample hCG Load (Gorge) Menu:
- Breakfast: Bacon, sausages, eggs, toast with butter and jam; Sugary cereal; Bagel and cream cheese with eggs; and any fast food restaurant.
- Morning Snack: Protein bar, donut, cookies, brownies
- Lunch: Any fast food restaurant with supersized fries and regular soda
- Afternoon Snack: Pastries, chocolate bars, full fat ice cream, regular soda. Iced coffee drinks with whipping cream and sprinkles
- Dinner: Most restaurants BBQ high fat meat (i.e. lamb, rib-eye steak) with sauce and fries, baked potato (with all the trimmings) with cheese cake for dessert.
- Evening Snack: Full fat ice cream, full fat cheese, regular soda, chocolate bars.
Now that you have “loaded” its time to start the 500 calorie/day diet on the following day. For more information on what food you can eat and why, please visit our Food page. For a listing of what you can eat, please visit our shopping list webpage.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.